Thursday, July 10, 2008

She Inspires Me.....

Paula Scher is one of my favorite graphic artist, bringing her own style to everything she does. She is mostly known for her large-scale paintings of MAPS (seen in this post) which range anywhere from $3,500 each and up!
I admire her and the way she displays her art in her home, reminds me of my own. Don't you just love her kitchen?



She has some great limited edition pieces for those who collect art and have a LOVE for maps. I really like the red one of the U.S.A. seen here. That particular piece is actually sold out! Figures.



I also adore the fact that she teaches at the School Of Visual Arts in NYC (a school I had applied to after graduating high school). I didn't get in, but my best friend did and shes now a graduate of SVA. Sometimes God has other plans for us in life. :)

*Photos of Paula Scher's home from New York Social Diary and NY Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 | Shotidave - Digital Magazine