Monday, September 15, 2008

BEWARE...

I don't get mad too often, but this is the kind of behavior that is so disrespectful I can't help but get upset. Luckily, I received 2 emails today from readers telling me they saw my 'ABC KIDS print' photos being used on an Etsy store. I had someone write to Etsy this morning on my behalf letting them know my images were being used without my consent. Not to mention, technically stealing my design & descriptions. We as artists/designers work hard at what we do, so when someone thinks its ok to do this, we need to make sure they know its not! I tried looking for Etsy's phone number but had no luck. As of right now we've asked the seller to cease and desist as well as filed a complaint against the seller. I wonder if the other art/images in their Etsy shop are being used without permission. This is the link to their shop. All I ask is that you 'do not buy' from them, because they are breaking the law and cannot be trusted. Thank you.

*UPDATE: The seller has written me an email, stating they thought the images belonged to someone else. I don't get it? Does that make it right? It seems they removed their shop. The name of their shop was 'Bella Bub' (items for babies).
**UPDATE 9/16: Apparently this person has more then one shop, a blogger just informed me the shop is still up at this other Etsy address, you'll notice if you click on their sold items, they sold 3 posters with my design using my images. So far they have removed my images, we'll see if they try to add them again. Their shop here.
Can you believe this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 | Shotidave - Digital Magazine