Friday, March 5, 2010

In the Closet

I'm off to meet New York Closet Company at one of my projects so we can plan out the dressing room. For inspiration, I'll be taking along the March 2010 issue of Canadian House & Home magazine that featured not one, not two, not three, but four fabulous closets! The pièce de résistance being the "dreamy dressing room" of Kelly Wearstler. I'll be staying at the Avalon Hotel in Beverly Hills which she recently redesigned when I am in Los Angeles so I will soon have more of her work to share with you! Bon Weekend!

I love the light and airy feel of this closet and the details of the built-ins.

Every dressing room should include a chair for putting on your shoes or holding a handbag.

Here is a look inside Kelly Wearstler's enviable dressing room with what I assume is a carpet of her own design.

I love the idea of adding dividers to keep bags upright and neat. My shelf of clutches looks like a jumbled mess unlike this one!

Kelly's collection of hats and shoes are as colorful as her design work and her new book! Wonder what size she wear.

My client has a lot of jewelry so we'll definitely be planning jewelry drawers that will be lined with velvet just like Kelly's.

Since black has become a popular color in the design world, it's no wonder that it has extended into the closet. It looks really elegant and we're also going to add a chandelier to my client's dressing room. You just have to make sure it gives off enough light so you can see what you're picking out in the morning! The closet below is more clean lined and would look great in modern apartment.


All photos from Canadian House & Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 | Shotidave - Digital Magazine