Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Glimpse into My Thanksgiving Weekend Trip...(Via Made by Girl)

Isn't it FRUSTRATING trying to get into the swing of things after getting back from a Holiday trip?!? I've got a TON of emails to catch up on amongst other things & all I want is to be outside in the sun (even if it is cold). 

Well, for those of you who weren't aware, my guy SURPRISED ME with a Thanksgiving wknd. getaway to California. He planned the whole trip, every single stop! 

He knew I was dying to visit the Getty as well as the MOCA and he took me straight there! It was such an amazing experience to be around all these great paintings. Of course.... I LITERALLY got goose bumps when I came across Mark Rothko & Franz Kline (2 of my all time faves). 

above: A Franz Kline original painting....I was mesmerized.






below: the delicious carrot cake we bought at the Getty cafe













These 2 paintings of Jesus were especially touching...



Below: I was so excited when I got to the area where the HUGE Mark Rothko paintings hung, wow.



Below: don't ask, I totally forgot who did this....
P.S. it's by Cy Twombly, thanks to Devon.




below: the Getty had several outdoor areas with SPECTACULAR views of the city, my jaw dropped when I first saw this. Trust me, this picture doesn't do it justice!





Besides paintings, they also had a ton of sculptures and old European decor items.






I'm so grateful that I got my dose of culture because LV is seriously LACKING in that department! Have you visited the Getty or MOCA? What museum would you recommend??


We also headed to Palm Springs to see the Elvis Honeymoon Hideaway.  After seeing it featured in Rue Magazine, (I expressed my interest in going) my guy decided to take me there! 


Stay tuned for those pics soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 | Shotidave - Digital Magazine