Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Kitchen Re-do & Suggestions Needed... (Via Made By Girl)

This week I'm having a few LICENSED contractors over my place to give me estimates on my kitchen.  I've been dreaming of having an all white kitchen for quite sometime now.  The photo that really did it for me was shot by Donna Griffith and was featured in the January 2010 issue of Style At Home magazine.

It's my inspirational picture for my kitchen re-do. Normally, we would TACKLE this project ourselves, but I just don't feel there is room for MISTAKE! Get what I mean?? Plus, we're LACKING time & this project requires several days to get it done right! My current cabinets are new (great condition) but not the best looking cabinets, in fact they are just plain BLAH UGLY!!!  I'm thinking of several options for the re-do, all the while trying to stay on a REASONABLE BUDGET. 

My options: 
  1. Have the current cabinets painted all WHITE (boxes and all) 
  2. Get ONLY the doors/drawers replaced to a shaker style (in white) and get the boxes painted white. 
Believe it or NOT there is a 3rd option: To paint the existing cabinets all white, and then ADD UPPERS as well! Of course, the 3rd option may be quite pricey!! But what do I know??  I've never done this before.  Have you???

As for the back splash & hardware..... I have a few ideas and resources I may try.

Backsplash: Perhaps a carrara marble tile from a company called Oracle Tile & Stone or plain white subway tiles.
HardwareEither black or Chrome from Restoration Hardware or Lowes OR??

I WOULD REALLY LOVE YOUR INPUT & any RESOURCES you can provide where I may be able to save some $$$ money. Please leave your suggestions on which option you think I should go for. 

 REMEMBER, I'm getting quotes this week, so I'll more than likely go with the most reasonable one.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 | Shotidave - Digital Magazine