Friday, December 3, 2010

Kitchen Update & Other Things...(Via Made By Girl)

This WEEKEND will be FULL of doing things at home...for the most part!  First, my Ballard Designs chandelier arrived & it is HUGE!!!  I'm really crossing my fingers & hoping it will look good in the dining space. My ceilings are 10 feet high, so it should look ok right??!? Should be hung on Saturday.....
(click on pics for larger images)

NOW MY KITCHEN........after realizing how much TIME & EFFORT it was going to take to paint everything ourselves, we decided to HIRE a local company to get the cabinets professionally lacquered.  Either way, I'm having the HARDEST time picking out a white. Can you believe it?!?? We've narrowed it down to the colors you see below. 


My 1st choice is Benjamin Moore's Simply White. You can see a photo of a kitchen I found here painted in simply white. Originally, I had selected BM Cloud White but after getting the sample on a cabinet it was a bit on the yellow side! 





I REALLY want the color of the cabinets to go well with my counter tops (pictured below) & then we're more than likely selecting a white subway tile back splash or carrara marble tiles. Now, my whole house is actually painted in cloud white, so my questions are: 

  • Should my cabinets be the same color as the walls (cloud white)in my home??
  • How close should the cabinet color be to my counter tops?
  • Do you think Simply white works for my kitchen? 
  • Would subway tile or carrara marble look better? 


images by 




Let me know what you think, I will be reading all your comments, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 | Shotidave - Digital Magazine