Thursday, February 17, 2011

My First Post...in 2006 (Via Made by Girl)

Today I was looking at my archives and came across my first post EVER from 2006. It's kind of cute & funny...I had zero comments. One month later I posted on my blog again. Back then I really wasn't serious about it, but I soon realized how important of a tool it was for me & my business. Get what I mean? 

I get a ton of emails all the time (some I answer & some I just never get to cause of lack of time) and I apologize to those people I didn't respond to. The one thing people always ask me is how do I get people to read my blog?!?!?

Here are just a few tips:

  • Update your blog at least 5 days a week
  • Comment on other blogs
  • Give your business card (with blog url) to anyone you meet
  • Form relationships and be friendly with other bloggers
  • Try to attend events that relate to what you write about on your blog
  • Post photos that are clear, bright, non-blurry & big enough to see!
  • When you write, be yourself. Don't worry about what others are writing about, write what you feel and what inspires you.  
  • Be Patient. It took me almost an entire year to actually gain followers and retain a steady amount of comments. 


I could go on & on but I have to get to work....enjoy!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    Copyright © 2010 | Shotidave - Digital Magazine